Protein, Pumpkin and Applesauce cookies

So...I have been doing a 'diet/exercise' challenge with my niece and decided I needed to get back in the experimental mode again.  I wanted cookies!!  and I wanted to see if I could make them sugar free and low fat.  Without them being...dry, chewy...like the ones I've made before.  I usually use bananas to replace butter, but we don't have any bananas right now, so I hit on this alternative.  They turned out rather good, actually...

Pumpkin Applesauce Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 small can pumpkin
1 C unsweetened applesauce
2 T molasses (next time I'll try blackstrap)
3/4 C stevia
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 C quick oats (I would have used old fashioned if I had them handy - though they would probably have needed soaking)
4 scoops (servings) Truely Inspired plant based protein - vanilla
2 1/2 - 3 C whole wheat flour
2 C Ghiradelli dark chocolate baking chips (or dark mini chocolate chips)

Combine pumpkin, applesauce and molasses in mixing bowl. Blend till evenly colored.  Add vanilla and eggs and Stevia.  Blend till smooth, add protein while mixer is going.  Then add flour half cup at a time.  You don't want it to get too thick or dry.  Err on the side of more moist.
preheat oven to 350 and spray large cookie sheet.  Drop by small ice cream scoops onto cookie sheet, bake for 10 min or less/longer, depending on your oven.  Do not over bake!  If they are a touch golden on the bottom, they're good.  If you don't like rounded tops, them you'll need to press them down with something.  They do not raise much, so they're small.  But they are yummy!!



Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 72
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 72.8
  • Total Fat: 3.2 g
  • Cholesterol: 7.8 mg
  • Sodium: 60.2 mg
  • Total Carbs: 10.0 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
  • Protein: 2.7 g

Comments

Popular Posts