Most wonderful Chicken!

Okay, my daughter found this on facebook and so I shared it on my page because I thought it looked wonderful.  So then my hubby and I cooked it up last night...it was sooo good!  You need to try this!
I did a few modifications to the original recipe, (big surprise) and served it with my savory rice.  ;)  It's not really low calorie, but it's very low carb!



Spinach and Monterey Jack Stuffed Chicken Breasts

8 Tyson boneless, skinless chicken breast,
sweet raw onion, 1.5 cup (remove)
Spinach, fresh, 6 cup (remove)
Mushrooms, fresh, 2 cup, pieces or slices (remove)
 Bread Crumbs - Italian Style, 0.25 cup (remove)
 monterey jack cheese, 16 oz  shredded
roasted garlic spices

combine bread crumbs and spices in a small bowl.
Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 in thick.  (I used my rolling pin, don't have a tenderizer, lol).  saute onions till just golden, saute mushrooms and spinach together.  Combine with grated monterey jack cheese in a large bowl.  on a large cookie sheet or baking pan, line with foil or parchment, roll up chicken breasts after putting a spoonful of spinach mixture on them.  close with toothpicks to hold shut.  Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 min till done.  Serve with my savory rice, and it's excellent!

  • Calories: 725.5
  • Total Fat: 32.4 g
  • Cholesterol: 277.5 mg
  • Sodium: 220.2 mg
  • Total Carbs: 6.7 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
  • Protein: 101.5 g

Comments

Popular Posts