Chocolate Chip day

Today is national chocolate chip day, and in it's honor, I've kind of revamped my cookie recipe.  I'm always in search of the perfect cookie.  To me, that's one that's healthy, low fat, low sugar and still YUMMY.  You really don't think I'm expecting too much, do you?
sigh.
But!  Today I tried a combination of things, and I tell ya, these are pretty darn close!  My daughter said they looked like buttons, so that's what I'm calling them:  Chocolate Chip Buttons.  I even took pictures in the process!!  I know...don't have a heart attack...lol

 Don't they look awesome??
Now, while I took some pictures, I probably didn't take all a real foodie would, so ya know.  ;)

First, You combine the ingredients in the mixing bowl
 



 Then you scoop them out onto the cookie sheet - be sure and spray it, these tend to stick.

I use the little ice cream scoop to get the right size.  I want several small cookies, not just one big one!!  Makes me think I'm getting more, ya know?  lol  And I'm not actually left handed, but I had to take the photo right handed...
um...yeah.
anyway -
And then you pop them into the oven for 7 - 8 minutes, depending on how hot your oven cooks.  I usually set ours at 350 and do 8 minutes, but I wanted to make SURE I didn't overbake them, so I lowered it to 325 and only cooked them for 7.  ;)

I think they turned out pretty dang good.  Anyway - here's the recipe.  Enjoy!


chocolate chip buttons
western family black beans low sodium, 1 can
Butter, salted, 2 tbsp - room temp
Banana, fresh, 1 extra small - very ripe
Baking Soda, 1.5 tsp
Argo Cornstarch, .5 tbsp
Vanilla Extract, 1.5 tsp
Egg white, large, 5
Applesauce, unsweetened, 1 cup
Brown Sugar, .5 cup, packed
Stevia in the Raw, 1 cup
Oatmeal- Plain 3 cups
*Whole Wheat Flour, 3.5 cups
Ghiradelli Chocolate 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips 1 10oz bag 
   


Preheat oven to 325.
In a blender, blend the beans until creamy. Add banana and blend till smooth.
Pour into a mixing bowl and butter, applesauce, stevia, brown sugar and mix. Add egg whites and blend.
Add oatmeal, mix in well and let sit for 2 minutes. (I think this is important, as it softens the oatmeal)
Slowly add flour, 1 cup a a time and mix well. Add chocolate chips and stir. Drop onto sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 8 min. Do NOT over bake! ;) enjoy!

Serving Size: makes about 8 dozen 'buttons'

These puppies only have 51 calories each, so you can have more than one!!
ENJOY!







Comments

Popular Posts